Open Database License
Most downloads are works produced from the OpenStreetMap database, which is made available under the Open Database License. You can view the requirements of this license here: https://www.openstreetmap.org/copyright
For interactive maps derived from OpenStreetMap, © OpenStreetMap must appear in the corner of your map, with a link to the above License. Example code:
<a href="https://protomaps.com">Protomaps</a> © <a href="https://openstreetmap.org/copyright">OpenStreetMap</a>
Protomaps Restricted Use License
In some cases, downloads for purchase are made available under the Protomaps Restricted Use License. The details of the license are below:
Protomaps LLC grants you an on-going, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use Protomaps datasets in your product.
The license grants permission to one organization (the licensee) to access and use the Mantle software and data.
- Integrate the product into a commercial application if your purchase includes this feature.
- Make use of the software in your own infrastructure or cloud account, to serve unlimited traffic.
- Combine or filter the data.
- Re-distribute the software or data separately from an End Product, either for sale or for free.
- Re-distribute the software or data in bulk.
- Sub-license the software or data to third parties.
- Share your access to the software or data with other organizations.
Examples of usage allowed by the license:
- Serve a map API as an infrastructure component of your product to web, native and mobile clients.
- Caching parts of the map data to use offline in mobile devices.
- Serving the map data on an on-premise network, offline product or intranet application.
Examples of usage not allowed by the license:
- Directly resell the Protomaps-derived service as a metered "Maps API" without integration into a product.
- Re-distribute purchased products as the original file, a derivative, or a combined work file, either for sale or for free.
- Deploy a service as a consultant or client services firm for multiple organizations using one license. Each organization needs their own license.
- "Bundle" the data into your on-premise solution, which is then sold to customers. Each end customer or organization needs their own license.
In simple terms, you can use these products within your company's product, to serve unlimited traffic. Just don't do something that would compete with what Protomaps offers.
If you are found to be in violation of the license, access to your subscription for updates will be terminated, and a refund may be issued at the discretion of Protomaps LLC. When license violation is malicious, such as intentional bulk re-sale of the data, no refund will be issued.
Protomaps LLC does not bear costs incurred when using any products on your own cloud infrastructure account. These include, but are not limited to, CDN bandwidth, CDN transaction costs, serverless transaction costs, storage costs, DNS, and monitoring.
Protomaps LLC's liability to you for costs, damages, or other losses - including third-party claims against you - is limited to a refund of your license fee.
This agreement is governed by the Corporate Law of Delaware and the applicable law of the United States.
If you have questions about the license, email firstname.lastname@example.org.