Designing any basemap requires tradeoffs between detail, size and visibility of features at different zoom levels. The unique design goals of Protomaps are:
- - A focus on "single origin" data sourced from OSM, at all scales, without relying on mixing in other datasets.
- - A library of simple map styles to use as a base, targeting all popular map renderers.
- - Frequent updates from the main OSM database.
- - Including all name tags, enabling localization beyond dominant languages.
- - Creative cartographic generalization techniques for large scale maps.
Help finding problems on the map is greatly appreciated! If you notice something that exists in OSM but is not rendered correctly, contact [email protected]